Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I totally hated ground turkey until I tried this recipe. People don't even know ground turkey is in it; until you tell them;so don't.This chili is mild so any one can eat it.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water
- Over medium heat spray a large dutch oven with non stick cooking spray.
- Saute ground turkey, green pepper, and onion until lightly browned and onion and pepper are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients plus the water and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
Very good. But, I did double all of the spices and it still could've used more, but this recipe is a great base. It was easy. I also doubled the beans and that came out well.
This was great chili and you truly can't tell it is ground turkey! I did add approximately 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper as well as a little bit of additional cumin and chili powder. Would make this again for sure. Thanks for sharing!
This is simple and delicious. I buy ground turkey on sale and always have several pkgs of it in the freezer. I double the spices and the beans, and use crushed garlic cloves instead of powder, but left out the salt.