1/1 Photo of Ground Beef Gyroll
1 hr 15 mins
Instead of using pita bread this is made with pizza dough using ground beef, mushrooms, feta cheese and olives rolled into a pizza crust, you can substitute the feta for 2 cups (or more or less) mozzarella cheese if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or a combo of beef and ground pork)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 7 -8 ounces feta cheese (can use less or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped olives, divided (green or black)
- 1 large prepared pizza dough (or use two 10-ounce cans refrigerated pizza crusts)
- oil, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 1In a large skillet cook the beef with garlic, onion and red pepper flakes until browned (about 10-12 minutes) drain fat.
- 2Add in oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese and chopped mushrooms; cook for about 2-3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- 3If you are using homemade pizza dough, then separate into two even pieces.
- 4Roll out prepared pizza dough into TWO 11 x 7-inch rectangles.
- 5Sprinkle HALF the crumbled feta cheese (or mozza cheese if using) on the top of one crust, then HALF of the olives on top of the feta cheese, then spoon HALF of the beef mixture on top of the olives.
- 6Roll up starting at the long end, sealing both edges as you roll.
- 7Seal the seam across the roll and then tuck both edges under.
- 8Repeat with the remaining pizza dough and remaining fillings.
- 9Place the gyrolls on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 10Lightly brush with oil, then sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (these amounts do not have to be exact).
- 11Bake in a 400°F oven for 5 minutes.
- 12Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and continue baking for about 35 minutes more, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Gyroll
Serving Size: 1 (1413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1106.0
- Calories from Fat 694
- Total Fat 77.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 260.9 mg
- Sodium 2430.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 76.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: