1 hr 5 mins
A simple and hearty meal. Found this in a Pillsbury One Dish cookbook. Very satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (24 ounce) package refrigerated garlic-flavor mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato, if desired (optional)
- 2 slices precooked bacon, chopped, if desired (optional)
- 2 medium green onions, chopped, if desired (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In large bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt and egg until well blended.
- 3Press meat mixture in bottom of ungreased 8-in square glass baking dish.
- 4Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered about 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of beef mixture reads 160 degrees F.
- 7Sprinkle with tomato, bacon and green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef and Twice-Baked Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.9
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 608.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic-flavor mashed potatoes