Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yes, I too, got this recipe from a lady I didn't know, while standing in the baking isle at the grocery store. You will love what it does to a box cake mix!
- 1 regular box cake mix (great with yellow)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Beat on medium speed for approximately two minutes.
- Pour into greased 9x13 cake pan, spread evenly.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cake will spring back when done.
- It is great brushed lightly with melted butter or your favorite icing!
Very easy, my kind of recipe. Has great taste, and moist.My family loves this cake. I used the vanilla extract that the recipe called for, plus I added 1 t. butter flavoring. This was great, thanks for posting.
I made this cake it was easy to make and it took me 50 minutes to bake. I used a bundt pan and put a vanilla glaze on it. My family love it especially my neice "You put your foot in it". Thanks for the recipe.
Easy, great tasting, rose at least an inch above my pan. next time I think I'll make a few cupcakes as well as the 13x9. It took a while longer to bake than the time listed. Mine took over 60 minutes, but it was well worth the wait. My chocoholics want me to try a deep choc mix for them.