Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Killer Sandwich !
- 1⁄2 lb ham (thinly sliced) or 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium maui onion (minced)
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf French bread, split lengthwise
- 4 ounces provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1 -2 dried oregano leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté bell pepper and garlic in oil until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Toss with onion.
- Remove bell pepper from skillet, reserving oil mixture.
- Layer ham, tomato, and bell pepper on bottom half of French bread.
- Drizzle oil mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Top with cheese and remaining half of bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I made this tonight for dinner with smoked turkey. I had some Lemon Aoli leftover and spread that on the rolls first and then put the completed sandwiches in the broiler for 5-10 minutes until it was lightly browned. What a great recipe. Thank you. I know my DH and DS will want this regularly.
A good sandwich recipe. Goes well with a soup and sandwich meal. Serve the soup first and put these in the oven while you are eating the soup. Thank you for the recipe
WOW!!! This is excellent!! I made this for dinner one night and my kids asked if I'd make it again the next night!! We've had it several times. It's a quick and easy favorite of ours. The only adjustments were that I used red onion and 1/4 tsp dried oregano. Thank you!!!!