Recipe by GirlwithMS
Lemon and rosemary play with the rich leaness of wild boar. Serve with Farmgirl's mushroom ragout and roasted veggie-fruit medley.
Top Review by mrswaz
This was excellent! I used half the oil and added lemon zest, but it was perfect for the wild boar. It still allowed the flavor of the chops to come through, tahnks for the great recipe.
- 4 wild boar chops
- 3 meyer lemons, juiced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
Directions See How It's Made
- salt and pepper the chops.
- place chops in roomy, non-metal container so each chop lays flat.
- whisk all ingredients (sans chops) for marinade.
- pour marinade over chops.
- cover and refrigerate at least (4) hours, turning every hour or so.
- prepare grill/fire for direct heat on hi.
- sear chops on both side for 2 minutes.
- turn heat down or place chops on cooler part of grill for remaining cooking.
- Close lid and cook about (5) mins on each side for medium rare.
- let chops rest at room temp for (10) mins before serving.