Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Elegant, simple and delicious appetizer (tapas). Can also be a vegetarian entrée. From the cookbook, "Fort Worth is Cooking".
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 carrots
- 2 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh herb
- 1 small red onion, diced
Roasted Jalapeno Mayonnaise
- 3 roasted jalapenos, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 flour tortillas, 10 inch size
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Combine herb oil ingredients. (This is an excellent marinate for meats and fish).
- Combine mayo ingredients in food processor. Blend until smooth. This can be done ahead. (This is wonderful condiment for sandwiches).
- Slice vegetables for filling very thinly lengthwise.
- Marinate vegetables in herb oil for at least two hours. Grill until done.
- Spread some the flavored mayo on warmed tortillas. Distribute grilled veggies on tortillas evenly and roll up tightly. Trim ends. Cut on the bias into thirds.
- Place some the mayo in squeeze bottle and draw lines on plate. Drizzle some herb oil (very small amount) on plate. Stand up tortillas on their ends on decorated plate. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.