Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 large red bell peppers (about 12 ounces)
- cooking spray
- 1 large vidalia onions (1/4-inch-thick) or 1 large other sweet onion, cut into (1/4-inch-thick)
- 6 cups loosely packed trimmed arugula (about 10 ounces)
- 3 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare grill.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place bell pepper halves, skin sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut bell peppers into strips.
- Place onion on grill; grill 7 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool 5 minutes; cut onion slices in half.
- Combine bell peppers, onion, arugula, and tomatoes in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Combine shallots and the remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.