1/1 Photo of Grilled Tuscan-Style Steak With Focaccia Salsa
This is fun and easy for a small gathering. Adapted from Dishing with Style by Rori Trovato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (24 -32 ounce) porterhouse steaks or 4 (10 ounce) rib eye or 4 (10 ounce) steaks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 1For steak: Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2For porterhouse steaks: Grill 6-7 minutes per side for medium rare; 7-9 minutes for medium. For rib eye or shell steaks: Cook 5-6 minutes per side for medium rare; 6-7 minutes for medium. Remove; squeeze a wedge of lemon on each steak.
- 3For foccacia salsa: Rip bread in to small pieces. Set aside.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 3 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic, bread, rosemary and parsley, then stir with a wooden spoon until mixture is evenly coated with olive oil and bread is golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Presentation 1: Portable Porterhouse.
- 6Pass whole steaks around the table on a wooden cutting board with a bowl of salsa and remaining lemon wdges.
- 7Presentation 2: Sit-Down Dinner.
- 8Slice steaks against the grain into 1/4" pieces. Overlap slices on a plate; make an S pattern on meat with 1/2 cup of salsa. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tuscan-Style Steak With Focaccia Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.2
- Calories from Fat 714
- Total Fat 79.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.3 mg
- Sodium 3673.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 66.5 g