Recipe by kbhmom
This is a nice twist to the traditional turkey. My brother-in-law found a recipe for the turkey on the grill and we have modified it. Now we don't cook it in the oven anymore even in the winter. This is the juciest turkey we have ever had!
- 1 whole turkey, any size
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle olive oil
- poultry dry rub seasonings
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the pan in grill. Arrange the charcoal around the pan. Pull pan out. Light charcoal.
- While waiting for the charcoal to be ready, remove gizzards.
- In a bowl mix some olive oil and chicken rub. Brush onto turkey.
- When coals are ready, put pan back in place. This will catch the drippings.
- Put the turkey directly on the grill racks. This will cook 10 minutes for every pound.
- Every 10 to 15 minutes reapply olive oil/rub mixture. The turkey is done when the internal temperature is 160 degrees.