Recipe by under12parsecs
From inside the carton of a tube of Amore Garlic Paste. Saving here for safe keeping as I couldn't find the same recipe already posted. I am guessing on times as I haven't had a chance to make this yet since we still have several feet of snow on!!! (Doesn't include marinating time.) **Made this last night on the griddle pan on the stovetop. Loved it and can't wait to try this on the charcoal grill... Light, filling and flavorful!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, minced fresh
- 3 teaspoons garlic paste
- 4 tuna steaks, 1 in thick
- 2 mangoes, ripe, peeled and diced
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3 teaspoons lime juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the olive oil, 4 T lime juice, soy sauce, ginger and 3 t garlic paste. Place tuna steaks in a single layer in a nonreactive dish and cover with the marinatde. Turn to coat both sides. Place in the refrigerator 3-5 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, toss remaining ingredients and chill.
- Remove tuna steaks from the marinade. Cook on a hot grill for about 3-5 minutes per side so that the steaks remain pink in the center. Spoon the chilled salsa over each steak and garnish with a cilantro sprig if desired.