A tasty recipe from the Dole website.
Make and share this Grilled Thai Steak Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb flank steaks or 1 -1 1⁄4 lb sirloin steak
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 5 french bread rolls, halved and lightly toasted
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh dole fresh cilantro stem
- Drain pineapple slices; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- Combine reserved juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper in a large, shallow, non-metallic dish. Add steak, turning to coat all sides. Cover and marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil steak, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, 9 to 10 minutes on each side or until meat is desired doneness. Add pineapple slices the last 10 to 15 minutes of grilling, or until golden brown. Discard any remaining marinade. Cut steak into thin slices.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over rolls. Evenly layer bottom halves of rolls with steak, cucumber, pineapple slices and cilantro. Place top halves over layer halves.