Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Spry Living.
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 rib eye steaks (about 12 ounces leave on fat for flavor) or 1 strip loin steak (about 12 ounces leave on fat for flavor) or 1 strip top sirloin steak (about 12 ounces leave on fat for flavor)
- 1 (6 ounce) package vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 large green leaf lettuce or 4 large red leaf lettuce leaves, separated washed and dried
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled seeded and sliced into thin crescents
- 1 bunch cilantro, stemmed
- 1 bunch mint, stemmed
- garlic sauce, Sriracha (optional)
- To make dressing, combine fish sauce, lime juice, water, sugar, garlic, shallot and ginger in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Put steak in a shallow bowl, pour in 1/4 cup of dressing and marinate 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Lift steak from marinade, pat dry and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing it into very thin strips.
- To serve, tear lettuce into the bottom of 4 bowls. Add noodles and add carrots, cucumber, cilantro and mint. Top with steak and dressing. Add a splash of Sriricha, if using.