Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Ports are wonderful on a warm summer night. Not only are they healthy. But Great tasting too.
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, only, about the same size
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices crisp bacon
- Clean and wash the Portabellos caps.
- In a small bowl mix The bread crumbs and cream cheese.
- Crumble the bacon into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread generously over the portabello caps.
- Place two caps together and grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce.
Yummy. I made this a tad healthier by using wedges of laughing cow cheese for the cream cheese and turkey bacon in place of pork. Easy and delicious. Great on the grill. Thanks for posting!
This was most excellent. I halved this and had it for lunch. Very filling. I didn't have bread crumbs, so I used some low-fat shredded cheddar. I also used low-fat cream cheese. Perfectly yummy on my George Foreman. A keeper for sure! (I'm shocked no one has reviewed this so I took care to get a good picture for the chef - this was EXCELLENT).