Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is incredibly quick and easy to prepare; however, the preparation time noted does not include the 2-12 hours marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) trimmed skirt steaks (10-12 oz.)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup prepared guacamole
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Process lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper in blender until smooth; pour into shallow bowl. Coat steak with marinade in bowl. Refrigerate covered, turning occasionally, 2-12 hours.
- Heat broiler or prepare grill.
- Grill steaks 3 inches from heat, turning once, about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let stand loosely covered 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas wrapped in aluminum foil in hot oven or on grill 3-4 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak on a diagonal and place on tortillas. Top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Roll up and serve hot.
We really enjoyed these. I marinated for about 4 hours, and the flavor of the lime and pepper flakes really came through. The meat was just perfect off of the grill, with a nice char on the outside; juicy of the inside. A perfect meal to make on an incredibly hot day! Made for ZWT8