Serve with yellow rice garnished with chopped fresh cilantro.
Make and share this Grilled Southwestern Chicken With Pineapple Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained
- lime slice
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Rub evenly with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with Pineapple Salsa. Garnish, if desired.
- Pineapple Salsa:.
- Stir together first 6 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pineapple slices, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Coarsely chop pineapple, and combine with red bell pepper mixture.
Fabulous! I used canned crushed pineapple and skipped the butter and cooking of it omitted the orange juice as well did add the zest of the lime. I place the chicken and olive oil, chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika in a zip lock bag closing to just an inch open and then flattened with a rolling pin. A Quick, clean, and easy way to tenderize and season the chicken. Thanks!!!!
We all really liked this. I also used canned pineapple and it was just fine. Easy, and the salsa is great!