Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe I got from Melissa D'Arabian when she made Skirt Steak Tostada with Black Beans and Mango Salsa, but I am just posting the recipe for the skirt steak. Sounds so flavorful to me so posting for safe keeping. Cooking time doesn't include marinading time.
Top Review by Outta Here
I couldn't find skirt steak so used a small flank steak. It was the marinade I really wanted to try anyway and it was great. Lots of flavor. Will be using it again, maybe on chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow bowl or baking dish whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, onion, habanero, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the skirt steak, cover and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 1 hour, preferably several hours.
- Preheat a grill pan or grill to medium-high. Remove the skirt steak from the bowl or baking dish and discard the marinade. Place the steak on the grill and grill about 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare to medium. Remove from grill to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes. Slice into thin pieces at a diagonal.