Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original recipe is from Cook's Illustrated. Tossing the grilled shrimp in the sauce makes this really good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Combine butter, lemon juice, pepper flakes, garlic, and salt in pan. Cook over hot side of grill, stirring occasionally, unti butter melts, about 1 1/2 minutes, transfer to cooler side of grill and proceed to grill shrimp, adding parsley just before serving.
- Pat shrimp with paper towels. THread shrimp onto 3 skewers, alternating direction of head and tails. Brush both sides of shrimp with oil and season lighly with salt and pepper. Sprnkle one side of each skewer evenly with sugar.
- Place shrimp skewers, sugared sides down, on hot side of grill. Grill shrimp, uncovered, until lightly charred, 4-5 minutes. USing tongs, flip and grill until second side is pink and slighly translucent, 1-2 minutes.
- Using potholder or oven mitt, carefully lift each skewer from grill; use tongs to slide shrimp off skewers and into sauce. Toss shrimp and sauce to combine and transfer pan to hot side of grill; cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque and fully cooked, about 30 seconds.
This was so good I've made it twice this week, thanks for sharing!