Recipe by Oolala
Ladies Home Journal, Aug. 2001. Made on wooden skewers. Nice sounding blend of ingredients but I haven't made it yet. It has anchovies, mint leaves, flat-leaf parsley (cilantro), garlic, oil. Prep time includes soaking.
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley, flat-leaf
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 shallots or 2 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered, I will use both
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail intact
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 20 wooden skewers in enough water to cover for 30 minutes (prevents skewers from burning on the grill).
- Make the salsa verde: puree all the ingredients, except the shrimp, in a blender or food processor until smooth and set aside.
- This can be make ahead and covered and kept in the refrigerator overnight-remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Thread 3 shrimp through the head on one skewer and with a second skewer thread through the tail, repeat for all the shrimp.
- This method of 2 skewers keeps the shrimp from spinning when turning on the grill.
- Brush both sides of skewers with the salsa verde, can be assembled up to 4 hours ahead if kept refrigerated.
- Prepare grill and cook 2-4 minutes per side until shrimp turn pink and are lightly charred.
- Turn to grill 2-4 minutes more.