Grilled Scallops With Cashew - Cucumber Relish
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine next 6 ingredients. This is the crust for the scallops.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry. **(You will have better success with "dry scallops" which have not been treated with a brine that extends shelf life at the expense of taste and texture.).
- Coat each scallop with the spices by dipping each of the flat sides of the scallop in the mix.
- If you like using them, slide the scallops on skewers (should be enough for 4-12inch skewers).
- Lightly grease your grill rack or pan and grill the scallops over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side (less if they are not the extra-large). DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Remove the scallops from the skewers (if used) and serve over the cucumber relish.