Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great textures all around!
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sea scallops (**Best if you use the "dry" scallops that are "extra-large" 10-20 to a pound)
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine next 6 ingredients. This is the crust for the scallops.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry. **(You will have better success with "dry scallops" which have not been treated with a brine that extends shelf life at the expense of taste and texture.).
- Coat each scallop with the spices by dipping each of the flat sides of the scallop in the mix.
- If you like using them, slide the scallops on skewers (should be enough for 4-12inch skewers).
- Lightly grease your grill rack or pan and grill the scallops over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side (less if they are not the extra-large). DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Remove the scallops from the skewers (if used) and serve over the cucumber relish.
Unusual flavors, and indeed there were great textures all around. This would be a great summer BBQ item. The cucumbers add a light, cool taste. We enjoyed this dish. Thanks for sharing!