Recipe by Annacia
From: Family Fun Magazine. And I quote: "When it comes to grill recipes, we'll put our money on any guy whose two-year-old daughter tells him, "Dad, I want some brisket!" So when Sam Mead, the senior producer for Family Fun.com, showed us his recipe for Sam Burgers, we couldn't get to our grill fast enough. We could tell from the ingredients that this was the sort of spiffed-up burger a guy could actually prepare without gourmet credentials. As for testimonials, Sam reports that his daughter, Ruby, "goes right for the burger and forgets about the bun." The biggest reward of backyard grilling? According to Sam, it's the satisfaction of cooking for friends and family. And, he says, "Cooking outdoors always seems to make the food taste especially good". As toppings aren't mentioned use your favorites.
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful burgers, very moist and great tasting. I used ground round, A1 sauce, and one large shallot in place of the onion and garlic. DH grilled these outside and topped with American cheese when burgers were ready to serve. I normally only eat one burger but went back for seconds this time! Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's - 123 Recipe Tag Game.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (such as A.1.)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 4 patties by hand, making the center of each just a little thinner than the edges.
- Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Start your grill, and when it's good and hot, grill the burgers to the desired doneness, flipping once.
- They'll take about 4 minutes on each side, more or less, depending on how you like them cooked.
- To make cheeseburgers, top with slices of American cheese or sharp Cheddar cheese after you flip them.
- Makes 4 burgers.