Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From: Family Fun Magazine. And I quote: "When it comes to grill recipes, we'll put our money on any guy whose two-year-old daughter tells him, "Dad, I want some brisket!" So when Sam Mead, the senior producer for Family Fun.com, showed us his recipe for Sam Burgers, we couldn't get to our grill fast enough. We could tell from the ingredients that this was the sort of spiffed-up burger a guy could actually prepare without gourmet credentials. As for testimonials, Sam reports that his daughter, Ruby, "goes right for the burger and forgets about the bun." The biggest reward of backyard grilling? According to Sam, it's the satisfaction of cooking for friends and family. And, he says, "Cooking outdoors always seems to make the food taste especially good". As toppings aren't mentioned use your favorites.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (such as A.1.)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely minced onion
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Shape into 4 patties by hand, making the center of each just a little thinner than the edges.
- Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Start your grill, and when it's good and hot, grill the burgers to the desired doneness, flipping once.
- They'll take about 4 minutes on each side, more or less, depending on how you like them cooked.
- To make cheeseburgers, top with slices of American cheese or sharp Cheddar cheese after you flip them.
- Makes 4 burgers.
Wonderful burgers, very moist and great tasting. I used ground round, A1 sauce, and one large shallot in place of the onion and garlic. DH grilled these outside and topped with American cheese when burgers were ready to serve. I normally only eat one burger but went back for seconds this time! Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's - 123 Recipe Tag Game.
When I read the ingredients I thought, okay, sounds good... well, these are better then good, they are amazing!!!!! They smelt so good as they were cooking, the neighbour asked me what was on the grill, I was making him hungry, lol. This is my new go to recipe when I'm grilling burgers. The sauce you see on it is Rector's Horseradish Mayonnaise. Thanks Annacia for a lovely recipe.
This was quite good and very simple to dump into a bowl & mix up. I may have added too much A-1 (something we almost never use at home) and the mixing made the burgers a little dry / funky texture but the flavor was pretty amazing. Maybe next time I'll try brushing it onto the burgers or dredging. Made for PAC Spring 2012