Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified from yummly.com
Make and share this Grilled Salmon With Kiwi-Herb Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hickory liquid smoke
- Add all ingredients (except salmon fillets and hickory smoke) in a shallow dish or gallon-size zip-lock bag. Mix the ingredients until well blended. Add the salmon fillets, and let salmon marinate 4-8 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill or broil, remove salmon from the marinade. It's OK to have some remnants of the marinade on the salmon, but discard the excess marinade.
- Season both sides of all fillets with hickory smoke.
- Place salmon fillets on hot grill, and grill the first side for about 5 minutes. Turn once and grill or broil other side until salmon is done (about another 5-7 minutes). Cooking times can vary depending on thickness of the fillets and the temperature of your grill.
Sorry, this didn't work for us. The liquid smoke covered all of the other flavors (and I even cut the amount in half). And after 2 hours, I found the citrus in the marinade had started to "cook" the fish. The marinade itself was interesting and I may try it again on chicken. And if I was to do the salmon again, I would eliminate the liquid smoke, since it overpowered, and just let the grill smoke do it's thing. Made for ZWT8.