Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
The unique East- West marinade gives this grilled salmon a great taste.
Top Review by DGordon
By far the best homemade marinade for grilling Salmon I've tried. I live in Seattle so we eat a lot of Salmon. This is now on the regular rotation of dishes. For the mustard I used Dijon and didn't change a thing about the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- n a shallow glass baking dish, combine soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, oil, tomato sauce, lemon juice, mustard, green onion, garlic, and ginger. Place salmon in marinade, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Brush or spray salmon with olive oil. Cook on grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Turn salmon once, and brush with boiled marinade halfway through cooking time.