Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like this way better than with bacon. Infact I entered this in our local contest for appetizers and it won.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages prosciutto
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 15 -20 jalapeno peppers
- Cut peppers, lengthwise, and remove seeds.(Wear gloves).
- Cook and drain the sausage, til there is no longer any pink.
- Combine the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, real good.
- Fold in the sausage.
- Place mixture of the sausage into each halve of the peppers. (about a teaspoon full-use your own judgement).
- Wrap the Prosciutto around each pepper, and secure with a tooth pick.
- Prepare your grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place jalepnos over pan, and grill covered over indirect heat for about 10 minutes.
- (If you like the Prosciutto more crunchier cook longer.)
- Serve with spicy ranch dressing if you would like.