These are not really Chantilly, which are mashed. These are cut in thin strips, cooked in foil with cream and cheese. Adapted from Today's Woman Barbecue Cook Book.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place potatoes in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Dot with butter.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring edges of foil up, fold and crimp edges to form a tight packet.
- Grill for 30-40 minutes, turning entire packet two or three times.
- Serve directly from packet.
I made enough for 6 with the hope of left overs but it didn't happen as we all came back for seconds. I used Carisma potatoes (a low GI potato which I thinly sliced), I divided the potatoes into 2 parcels and placed them on a hot tray and baked for 45 minutes at 175C fan forced and they were beautifully tender and tasted fantastic, thank you Chocolatl for a great side, made for Everyday A Holiday.
These are like scalloped potatoes on the grill! I cut my potatoes like shoe string fries, and then made as directed. I did cook for about 45 minutes, instead of 30 to 40 minutes. I used half and half instead of heavy cream, and don't think the recipe suffered. I really liked these easy to make potatoes. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest Tag game.