Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are not really Chantilly, which are mashed. These are cut in thin strips, cooked in foil with cream and cheese. Adapted from Today's Woman Barbecue Cook Book.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (any cheese may be used)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place potatoes in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Dot with butter.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring edges of foil up, fold and crimp edges to form a tight packet.
- Grill for 30-40 minutes, turning entire packet two or three times.
- Serve directly from packet.
I made enough for 6 with the hope of left overs but it didn't happen as we all came back for seconds. I used Carisma potatoes (a low GI potato which I thinly sliced), I divided the potatoes into 2 parcels and placed them on a hot tray and baked for 45 minutes at 175C fan forced and they were beautifully tender and tasted fantastic, thank you Chocolatl for a great side, made for Everyday A Holiday.
These are like scalloped potatoes on the grill! I cut my potatoes like shoe string fries, and then made as directed. I did cook for about 45 minutes, instead of 30 to 40 minutes. I used half and half instead of heavy cream, and don't think the recipe suffered. I really liked these easy to make potatoes. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest Tag game.