Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for the hot days of summer!
- 1 potato
- 3 -4 slices onions
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- spices (parsley, cayenne, cajun seasoning...whatever)
- Take a large piece of foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the potato thinly and place on the foil.
- Place onion slices on top of the potato.
- Add garlic, spices, and butter.
- Seal the foil package and grill for about an hour or until potatoes are soft but somewhat crispy.
I used garlic and parsley for the seasonings of choice. Instead of foil packets I used an oven safe casserole dish (on the grill). The results were excellent. The shorter cooking time previously reviewed was plenty of time. An easy dish that I'm sure we'll enjoy often. :-)
Made this for dinner on the grill tonight. Easy and good, but I found the end directions vague. I had the potatoes on the grill for about 45 minutes, and they were burned. This was even though I turned it a few times. If I was to make it again, I would cook them for about 35-40 minutes perhaps.
Great potatoes. We used greek seasoning on the potatoes. Thanks bellacola :) Made for All you can cook buffet