Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with steak
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Clean and bake potatoes in oven for 1 hour. When done, allow to slightly cool and cut into halves.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell for the toppings. Cut the potatoes into quarter wedges, brush with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook until crisp, about 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of grilling, remove potatoes and place on a cookie sheet. Top the potatoes with cheese and bacon and place back on top of grill.
- While potatoes are grilling, combine the sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place potatoes on serving plates and top with the green onions, chopped tomatoes and the sour cream horseradish sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chives, for garnish.