Grilled Potato Skins
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2 large baking potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges.
- Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 inches on the potato skins.
- Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat.
- Grill 2 minutes longer.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon and onions.
- Serve with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We had these potato skins tonight and they are wonderful! I couldnt grill them because I forgot the grill was out of gas. Cooked the potatoes in the microwave as directed. After butter was melted and I added the other ingredients, placed the potatoes in the skillet to brown, turning often. Put them back in the baking dish, sprinkled shredded cheese and back in the microwave until cheese melted. DH does not care for green onions so I didnt add them. We enjoyed and the butter and rosemary smelled so good! Thank you NimrodCook, we will be making these again!
Yum! I nuked the potatoes in the microwave and then scooped out the pulp. The skins weren't as pretty this way, lol, but they still tasted good. I grilled these on a stove-top grill pan and we dipped them in sour cream. The rosemary was a nice subtle flavor in the butter. Thanks Nimz for another keeper. Made for Football Pool Week #8.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.