Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This can be made with turkey or ground buffalo meat. Serve with salt and vinegar potato chips and a fresh salad.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing, oily and zesty
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons willingham's wham seasoning, mild
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple, sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 slices cheese, muenster
- red onion
- romaine lettuce
- hot chili sauce
- In large mixing bowl, mix beef, salad dressing, and Wham Seasoning. Shape into 8 patties, each 3 inches in diameter. Press a pineapple slice into each.
- Wrap each patty with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Mix the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- Place the patties in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cover with sauce. Cover pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Grill patties pineapple side down 4 inches from coals 12-15 minutes. Turn; brush with BBQ mix.
- Grill 10-15 minutes. Heat remaining sauce to serve with burger.
- Top accordingly -- .