Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this when I wanted a grilled cheese and I didn't have any cheese slices and I didn't want to go to the store. This is really great served with a bowl of tomato soup.
- 2 slices bread (i used white bread)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pimento cheese (any kind will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine (or less)
- On one side of each slice of bread, thinly spread margarine.
- Place one piece of bread in cold skillet, margarine side down.
- Spread pimiento cheese on bread in skillet.
- Place other slice of bread on top of cheese, margarine side up.
- Turn on stove, and brown on each side for about 4 or 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
the best ever! family was skeptical at first but they ended up loving it! used mayo to "butter" up the bread & it complemented the pimento flavor very well. Also these grilled pimento cheese sandwiches are phenomenal in pinera bread brocolli & cheese soup! (;
Oh my gosh, this is such a rich and delicious sandwich. I had some pimento spread in the fridge that I wanted to use up and boy are we glad Idid. So good. Thank you for shairng this idea with us.
Yum! This brought back so many great memories for me. Many (many, lol) years ago I worked in the OR in a hospital. A co-worker of mine introduced me to these in the cafeteria one day. I fell in love with them. I haven't had one for years, but this was so comforting in more than one way. I also served this with a homemade tomato bisque and had a wonderful meal. Thanks Chef shapeweaver for sharing this great recipe and the wonderful memories.