Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this when I wanted a grilled cheese and I didn't have any cheese slices and I didn't want to go to the store. This is really great served with a bowl of tomato soup.
Top Review by slpulsney
the best ever! family was skeptical at first but they ended up loving it! used mayo to "butter" up the bread & it complemented the pimento flavor very well. Also these grilled pimento cheese sandwiches are phenomenal in pinera bread brocolli & cheese soup! (;
- 2 slices bread (i used white bread)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pimento cheese (any kind will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine (or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- On one side of each slice of bread, thinly spread margarine.
- Place one piece of bread in cold skillet, margarine side down.
- Spread pimiento cheese on bread in skillet.
- Place other slice of bread on top of cheese, margarine side up.
- Turn on stove, and brown on each side for about 4 or 5 minutes or until lightly browned.