Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gianduja is a creamy hazelnut-flavor chocolate from Switzerland. Serve with purchased hazelnut or lemon shortbread cookies.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 medium ripe pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Combine the lemon juice, butter, and vanilla; brush over pear halves.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pears on an oiled grilling tray or directly on the grill rack.
- Grill 10 to 15 minutes or until pears are very lightly golden and tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and place on eight serving plates.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate-hazelnut spread in a small saucepan just until warm.
- Drizzle liqueur over warm pears, if desired.
- Drizzle spread over pears and sprinkle with nuts.