Top Review by SchnauzerMama
Made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious! I made it almost as instructed. The exceptions being that I didn't have rosemary, fresh or dried, so I used Italian seasoning instead. Oh, and I added some fresh minced garlic. Had to bake an additional 5-7 minutes also. We loved it! Very quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 equal-size wedges
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into 8 equal-size wedges
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, as needed
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the red and yellow onions, salt, pepper and olive oil and toss to coat well.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Arrange the onion wedges on the pan and cook until they are browned and tender underneath, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the onions are very tender, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream until blended.
- Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In a 10-inch braiser or ovenproof fry pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, add the rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and fold gently to combine the rosemary and eggs.
- Arrange the grilled onions on top, transfer the pan to the oven, and bake until the frittata is golden and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.