My own concoction after scrounging around late one night for a quick impromptu dessert. Turned out pretty yummy, if I say so myself! Of course, how can you go wrong with anything Nutella?
- Spread nutella over each slice of pound cake.
- Place banana over Nutella on one of the cake slices.
- Fold second cake slice onto the first to make a sandwich.
- Spread butter on one side of sandwich. Grill, buttered side down, until golden brown.
- Butter second side of bread, flip, and grill until golden brown.
Mmmm delicious! I (greedily) made two of the mini-sandwiches but my eyes were bigger than my tum and I couldn't eat the second one! I wasn't sure what poundcake was so used madeira cake and 4 slices of banana (all that would fit). Also, as my grill is (still) broken, I baked at 200c which worked fine. This was so good! Simple and easy and ever so sweet. I thought the directions about putting the buttered side down might be wrong, but they weren't and it turned out great. I'll definitely be making this again. I think it'd go really nice with ice cream and will probably try it like that.