Recipe by looneytunesfan
Turn any meal into a picnic with this quick-prep, lip-smackin’ chicken.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
Absolutely delicious!!! My husband said he is pretty sure that this is the BEST homemade BBQ sauce I have ever made, and it probably had the least ingredients too! Used Organicville ketchup made with agave and used coconut sugar for the white sugar. So yummy!!!
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1360.77-1587.57 g cut-up broiler-fryer chickens
- 236.59 ml ketchup or 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- BARBECUE SAUCE:.
- Heat all barbecue sauce ingredients to boiling in 1-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- BARBECUED CHICKEN:.
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix salt, paprika and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt mixture.
- Place chicken skin side up on grill rack. Cover and grill 4 to 6 inches from heat 15 minutes; turn chicken. Brush with Barbecue Sauce. Cover and grill 20 to 25 minutes longer, turning and brushing with Barbecue Sauce, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- TO BAKE: Heat oven to 425°F Mix salt, paprika and pepper; mix in 1/2 cup Gold Medal© all-purpose flour. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with flour mixture. Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, in oven. Place chicken, skin sides down, in dish. Bake 45 minutes; drain and turn chicken. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F Spoon hot Barbecue Sauce over chicken. Bake 15 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.