Prep 2 hrs 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapated recipe for Chatelaine. The original uses chicken thighs, posted here to try on the grill this summer.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. In a medium-size bowl, stir yogurt with seasonings. Add chicken to yogurt mixture and turn to coat and marinate at least 2 hours.
- Lay chicken flat on grill. Barbecue, covered, 4 minutes. Baste with any remaining yogurt mixture. Turn chicken and continue to barbecue, covered, until chicken feels springy when pressed, 4 to 6 more minutes. Place on a platter and sprinkle with coriander. Great with rice pilaf and sliced tomatoes.
We enjoyed this flavorful chicken recipe for dinner last night. We marinated two hours and the flavor really came through. I looked up the original recipe as I was confused about where the basil came in as the last step in the directions said to sprinkle with chopped coriander. The ingredient list in the original recipe called for chopped coriander or basil. I thought the coriander would be better suited to the recipe so that is what we used. We served with grilled eggplant. Thanks!