Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by one of the ladies I work with.
Make and share this Grilled Mahi-mahi With Pineapple Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 ounces shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (2/3cup)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 fresh serrano chilies, minced,including seeds (2 to 3 inches long)
- 3⁄4 pineapple, peeled,cored,and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (4 cups, preferably not labeled "super sweet")
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets, with skin 1 to 1 1/2 inch-thick
- Cook garlic and shallots in 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chiles and pineapple, then sauté over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until pineapple is softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, and salt and sauté sambal, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Cool to room temperature, then stir in cilantro.
- Brush fish all over with remaining tablespoon oil, then season with salt.
- Grill, skin sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack, until skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn fish over and grill until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Serve fish with sambal.
- I have grilled these indoors using a grill pan with good results.