Recipe by yooper
I love this lamb dish. The flavors sound unusual, but they compliment the meat nicely. I first tasted this last summer at a cook out. I begged for the recipe and got it from the hostess.
Top Review by JustJanS
Wonderful flavours in this Mark, and so easy to prepare! We ate this tonight with Couscous by Dancer, Lemon Tossed Salad by Diana Neal, and natural yoghurt as a sauce over the kebabs. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) sirloin half leg of lamb, bone removed,fat trimmed,meat cut into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 12 inch metal skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, cumin, pepper, salt and cinnamon in 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Add lamb to dish and toss to coat well with oil mixture.
- Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerat 1 1/2 to 4 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat) or prehat broiler.
- Thread lamb pieces onto skewers, dividing equally (about 5 pieces per skewer).
- Grill or broil lamb to desired doneness, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.