Recipe by Musical Joy
Found this in a weekender magazine (the type that come in the Sunday paper) and love it! Tweaked it a bit. It's extremely easy to make, and if doubled or tripled, it would be great for an inexpensive addition to a summer party. Plus, it helps to use up summer veggies! I like to serve this with rice and steamed broccoli.
Top Review by Toni in Colorado
Contrary to the 2 first reviews, my husband and I could not find a difference in just grilling slices without the marinade versus those with the marinade. They tasted the same. I used olive oil. I'll try it again using canola oil. Maybe that's the difference. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 24-30 pieces
- 18 whole mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, cubed large
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks (or fresh)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or 3 1⁄2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Thread 8 12-inch skewers, alternating sausage and vegetables.
- Combine oil, mustard, lemon juice and soy sauce in a jar. Season w/salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to blend thoroughly.
- Place skewers on grill rack and brush w/half the sauce. Cook 6 minutes, turn and brush w/remaining sauce.
- Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.