Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a weekender magazine (the type that come in the Sunday paper) and love it! Tweaked it a bit. It's extremely easy to make, and if doubled or tripled, it would be great for an inexpensive addition to a summer party. Plus, it helps to use up summer veggies! I like to serve this with rice and steamed broccoli.
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 24-30 pieces
- 18 whole mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, cubed large
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks (or fresh)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil or 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or 3 1⁄2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Thread 8 12-inch skewers, alternating sausage and vegetables.
- Combine oil, mustard, lemon juice and soy sauce in a jar. Season w/salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to blend thoroughly.
- Place skewers on grill rack and brush w/half the sauce. Cook 6 minutes, turn and brush w/remaining sauce.
- Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.
Contrary to the 2 first reviews, my husband and I could not find a difference in just grilling slices without the marinade versus those with the marinade. They tasted the same. I used olive oil. I'll try it again using canola oil. Maybe that's the difference. Thanks for the recipe.
The first time I made this I used olive oil and spicy brown mustard in the marinade and I had to keep stirring it in order to keep in from separating. The second time I tried this I used canola oil and Dijon mustard and it was so much better. The Dijon mustard acted as an emulsifier and the marinade didn't separate. Also that second time, something came up and I ended up throwing everything, except the pineapple, into a heavy-duty resealable baggie and left it to marinade for two days. It was great; better than the first time with the basting and much easier. Now I always make it like that. Love that this is so economical too.
We had our first cookout a couple of weeks ago, and I made these kebabs to go along with some other grilled dishes. They came out so good! Everyone ate them until they were gone! The sauce was so good. Next time I am going to make twice as much so we won't run out!