Recipe by WannaBcook5792
A very simple recipe with just enough seasoning to enhance the flavor of the grilled shrimp without overpowering it. The best way to eat the shrimp is to peel them at the table and dip in extra butter sauce left over from the recipe. I have prepared the recipe with and without the rum - I do not find the rum to add anything special.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped basil (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 16 jumbo shrimp, in the shell preferably with heads left on
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- white rum, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter with the parsley, basil, garlic and shallot and melt over low heat.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan.
- Halve the shrimp lengthwise, leaving them attached 1 inch below the head (if the head is left on). Devein the shrimp and spread them open. Season with salt and pepper, then brush liberally with the herb butter.
- Grill the shrimp over a medium-hot fire, shell side down, until lightly charred, about 1 minute.
- Turn and grill the other side until lightly browned, about 40 seconds. Turn the shrimp again. Brush them liberally with more herb butter, sprinkle with rum and grill until barely cooked through and bubbling, about 1 minute longer.
- Serve at once.