Recipe by Belinda in Austin, TX
I took Pesto Focaccia Sandwich for Six (which I LOVE!) and adapted it for one, using a George Foreman grill. Since I was heating the grill anyway, I decided to grill sliced onions and red peppers, to add to the sandwich. It turned out great, and I think it'll travel well, as I needed a sack lunch, for a field trip, tomorrow! I took a bite, and it tasted delicious!
- 1 focaccia roll (Italian-seasoned)
- 1⁄8 onion, sliced
- 1⁄8 red pepper, sliced
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce (approx)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices thin deli ham
- 4 slices thin deli turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your George Foreman grill, or panini maker.
- Slice the roll horizontally; spread with pesto.
- When the grill is ready, add the onion and red pepper slices (I didn't think they needed any seasoning, but you could add Italian dressing, or other seasoning to them, before grilling, if desired); grill until tender.
- Layer the grilled veggies, cheese, and lunchmeat.
- Grill until the cheese melts (you'll have to apply some pressure to the top of the grill when you first insert the sandwich, since the sandwich is pretty thick).
- Slice on the diagonal, and enjoy, now or later!