Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light, July/August 1994.
Make and share this Grilled Honey Chicken With Cherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 1⁄4 cups pitted quartered sweet cherries (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add cherries, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir well, and add to cherry mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a bowl; set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine honey and lemon juice; stir well, and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place chicken on rack, and cook 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Lightly brush chicken with half of honey mixture; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining honey mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken leg quarter and 1/4 cup sauce).