Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've only seen a couple of recipes on here for Grilled Ham Steak and thought this would help. This is not a sweet sauce to put on your ham steak, but it will take away the saltiness from the steak. My sister thought it was pretty good and she is an excellent cook. This recipe is from another webiste as I could not find one on Recipe*zaar that I could use at the time. This recipe is from Cooks(dot)com.
- 2 lbs ham, Sliced - 1 1/2-inch thick (2 steaks)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves (any kind, I used Sugar Free Smuckers Seedless Blackberry)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grill Ham 20 - 25 minutes over medium-hot coals.
- Combine all other ingredients; mix well.
- Baste ham steak with sauce while it cooks.
I prepared this using jalapeno jelly and thick-cut ham steak. The ham was very moist and juicy and not at all dry after being basted with this sauce. The jalapeno jelly gave it a nice kick, as well. I served this with Spinach Twice Baked Potatoes and a tossed salad for an easy weeknight meal.