Recipe by Trisha W
What a comfort food on a cool day! Serve with your favorite soup or with chips and a pickle.
Top Review by bullwinkle
I really don't know how to rate this.The sandwich tasted good but was over the top rich for us. If I make this again I will put less of the cheese mixture on it. Thanks Trisha W. Bullwinkle
- 14 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cheeses, mayonnaise, mustard and onion.
- Spread this mixture on 4 of the slices of bread.
- Top each cheese mixture with a ham slice, and cover with another piece of bread.
- Butter the top half of the sandwiches and invert onto a hot nonstick skillet, cooking over a medium heat until browned (about two minutes).
- Butter the ungrilled side and turn and grill until browned (about two minutes).