Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Bon Appetit
Make and share this Grilled Halibut With Spinach and Spicy Thai Chiles recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Thai chiles or 1⁄2 large jalapeno chile, with seeds, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, but into matchstick size strips
- 4 halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb Baby Spinach
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a medium glass bowl. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place carrot in a medium bowl. Cover with ice water. Let stand 15 minutes, then drain well. Brush fish on all sides with 2 Tbsp oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; stir 1 minute. Add spinach; sprinkle with salt. Toss until spinach is wilted but still bright green, about 2 minutes; divide among 4 plates.
- Place fish atop spinach. Sprinkle each filet with carrot; drizzle each with 2 Tbsp sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.