Recipe by juliebg
Reminiscent of Souvlaki, these barbecued chops have a wonderful oregano, garlic and lemon flavour.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
This recipe is so easy and so flavourful. It was a huge hit with my family. I admit I downscaled the amount of oregano by more than half.... 2 Tbsp scared me a bit... and for us less was better. Otherwise a perfect recipe. My boneless chops were quite thin and I may have overcooked them a minute but they were moist and tender all the same. And the next day I sliced one thinly over a salad for lunch...lovely. Thanks for a wonderful and easy recipe.
- 4 pork loin chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, black pepper and oregano in a plastic food storage bag and mix well.
- Use a sharp knife and make several small slits into the pork chops before adding them to the marinade mixture.
- Marinate for at least one hour, mixing occasionally. (Two hours is ideal at room temperature).
- Barbecue or grill in the usual manner, using the marinade to brush on while cooking.