Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on Curtis Stone's web page
Make and share this Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Chopped Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, green and white parts
- 2 (9 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb napa cabbage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 3 chopped green onions, green and white parts
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed (or an additional 1 tsp white, toasted)
- For the marinade:.
- In a mixing bowl (or 2-cup liquid measuring cup), whisk together soy sauce, ginger, canola oil, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha and 1/2 tsp salt (adding more salt to taste as desired, original recipe calls for 1 tsp salt, I added 3/4 tsp and I still thought that was too much, especially for a healthy salad). Add chicken breasts to a large resealable bag and add 3 Tbsp of the marinade mixture, reserving remaining. Seal bag and rub marinade over chicken, then transfer chicken to refrigerator and let rest at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- For the dressing:.
- Add red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup chopped green onions to marinade mixture and whisk to blend. Set aside (chill in refrigerator if marinating chicken longer than 1 hour).
- For the salad:.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over stove top over medium-high heat. Brush grill lightly with canola or vegetable oil, then place marinated chicken on grill and cook, about 4 minutes per side, or until chicken has cooked through (it should register to 165 degrees in center of chicken when tested with a meat thermometer). Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Then, cut chicken crosswise into strips about 1/4-inch thick.
- To assemble salad:.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, chicken, carrots, almonds, 3 chopped green onions, and cilantro with enough dressing to coat salad. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds and serve.