Recipe by Big Mike2
Two weeks into the diet, and I needed something new and different that was still good for my diet. I went hunting through the meat counter at Central Market, and found Thresher Shark steaks. The rest, I made up as I went along...
- 16 ounces shark steaks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, for squeezing
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry the shark steaks.
- Mince the garlic. Pour the salt over the garlic, and use the flat of the knife to crush down, almost to a paste.
- Rough chop the mint.
- Add the mint to the garlic, and crush some more. It should start to take on a green tinge, and start to give off the faint smell of mint.
- Rub the mix into one side of the shark steaks, and squeeze half of the lemon over that side. Flip the other side up and repeat.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- Start grill and preheat to medium when ready to prepare.
- After preheating, using a paper towel, apply olive oil lightly to the grate (use tongs to hold the paper towel to avoid any unnecessary burns).
- Place the shark steaks on the oiled grate, close the lid and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the steaks, using a spatula or tongs, no fork, and cook for another 5 minutes.