8 hrs 10 mins
Pretty enough for company. Our guests loved this. We had some toppings left over, and discovered it's tasty on grilled chicken as well. Yum! Prep time includes marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Steak and marinade
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1Trim steak of any outer pieces of fat or silver skin.
- 2Place the steak in a large food grade, zip top plastic bag.
- 3In a food processor or blender, combine the marinade ingredients and process to a puree.
- 4Pour marinade into the plastic bag, press out any air, seal, and move meat around in the bag to coat.
- 5Marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or preferably overnight, turning the bag a few times.
- 6Heat coals to hot or medium hot.
- 7Remove steak from marinade and drain well.
- 8Discard marinade.
- 9While coals are heating, prepare the topping.
- 10Mix olives, onion, parsley, garlic and oil and set aside.
- 11Have salt, pepper and feta ready.
- 12Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- 13Grill meat about 4 minutes per side for rare, or cook to desired doneness.
- 14Length of grilling time per side will vary depending on heat of grill and thickness of meat.
- 15Flank steak will be most tender when grilled to rare or medium rare.
- 16Let steak sit about 5 minutes before serving, allowing juices to settle.
- 17Slice thinly at an angle across the grain.
- 18Keeping the slices together, transfer to a clean, warm platter.
- 19Spoon any juices onto meat.
- 20Stir up reserved topping mixture and pour onto the slices.
- 21Scatter with feta.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flank Steak With Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 531.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g